A new Otis magazine will be released this May.
Posted on Monday, February 28th, 2011
“The GBG is thrilled with the EU grant to the UK Great Bustard project through the LIFE+ programme. The grant was awarded to the RSPB and is split between the RSPB, the GBG , University of Bath and Natural England. The grant pays 75% of the LIFE+ project costs, and, as with most grants, the money is for new work – not funding the ongoing work started previously. The remaining 25% of LIFE+ work and the existing project work needs to be covered as before.
Whilst rejoicing in the new work we can undertake through the LIFE+ project, I am keen to stress to our supporters that the GBG needs to fund much of the basic work in the same ways we did before LIFE – membership, projects, events and through donations.”